EEatHU2020: Website for the Electrical Engineering (EE) Students with NEW 2020 Curriculum
Electrical Engineering (EE) Program
Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
College of Engineering and Architecture
Advisor: Dr. Charles Kim (email@example.com; 202-806-4821; #3014 LKD)
The primary purpose of this website is to provide information on the EE degree curriculum 2020 and to help EE students to register correct courses in the correct order to satisfy the curriculum requirement for EE degree. Note that this curriculum applies from Fall 2020 Semester entrants.
1. Know your EE 2020 Curriculum (4-year plan)
2. List of Elective Courses (African-American Studies, Social Science, Humanities, Basic Math/Science, and EE elective courses)
3. If you are a freshman, be ready with the result of Math/English placement test. The test score will place which Math/English course you're allowed to take. Here is an example. If you do not start with MATH156-Calc I, this is the sequence of taking MATH courses: MATH005-College Algebra >> MATH007- Pre-Calc >> MATH156-Calc I. Then you take MATH157- Calc II, followed by MATH158- Calc III.
4. Freshman English Requirements: Take one of the following pairs in sequence: ENGW102 & ENGW103 or ENGW104 & ENGW 105.
1. Pre-select your courses (University Class Schedule Search web site) and make sure there is no time conflict. Use this trial schedule form (Excel or pdf or image(png)). In this step, contact your advisor to discuss about the course selection and request for suggestion of courses.
2. Complete CEA Registration Form (in Excel, Fillable Pdf, or simple Pdf format, or image (png) format). Remember (a) If you are on a scholarship, you need to take certain minimum credit hours every semester (usually 15, so please check with the financial office): (b) If you want to keep "full time" status financially, you need a minimum of 12 credit hours.
3. Bring (or email) the signed CEA Registration form and the Trial Schedule (showing no time-conflict) to you advisor. Once approved, your PIN for registration will be given to you, which you use in BisonWeb.
4. If you get registration error, read the Error Message Description and, knowing what to do, fill out the CEA Registration Error Request form ((simple pdf and Fillable pdf and png (image))) and bring/send it to the instructor (if time conflict error) or your advisor (for all other errors).
5. Bisonweb Registration Errors (and their descriptions)
1. Link to Forms & Petition (for Course withdrawal, Major change, course transfer, transfer course credit etc)
2. Minor Program: (a) CS minor -- Requirement. (contact person: Dr. Harry Keeling - CS), (b) Math minor - (Contact person: Math department chair), and (c) Physics minor - (Contact person: Physics Department chair).
3. IEC's 2to4 Scholarship (for (a) present EE/CpE students who were transferred from Montgomery College (MC) or Prince George's Community College (PGCC) or (b) present MC or PGCC students who are transferring to EE/CpE program at Howard University). MC-Howard equivalent course list. PGCC-Howard Equivalent course list.