EEatHU2020: Website for the Electrical Engineering (EE) Students with NEW 2020 Curriculum
Electrical Engineering (EE) Program
Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
College of Engineering and Architecture
Advisor: Dr. Charles Kim (email@example.com; 202-806-4821; #3014 LKD)
The primary purpose of this website is to provide information on the EE degree curriculum 2020 and to help EE students to register correct courses in the correct order to satisfy the curriculum requirement for EE degree. Note that this curriculum applies from Fall 2020 Semester entrants.
Fore registration, follow the order below.
1. Know your EE 2020 Curriculum
2. If you are a freshman, be ready with the result of Math/English placement test. The test score will place which Math/English course you're allowed to take. Here is an example.
3. Pre-select your courses (University Class Schedule Search web site) and make sure there is no time conflict. Use this trial schedule form (Excel or pdf or image(png))
4. Complete CEA Registration Form (in Excel, Fillable Pdf, or simple Pdf format, or image (png) format). Remember (a) If you are in a scholarship, you need to take a minimum of 15 credit hours every semester: (b) If you want to keep "full time" status financially, you need a minimum of 12 credit hours.
5. Bring* the signed CEA Registration form and the Trial Schedule (showing no time-conflict) to you advisor. (* Email in an unusual situation - you'd get the response within 24 hours). Once approved, your PIN for registration will be given to you if you are a senior. For all other students, unless a situation is extremely unusual#, your PIN for registration will be typed-in on your computer by the advisor. Some pain of course for all. (# Under an extremely unusual situation, your PIN will be given to you under the strict honor code that you take only the courses approved by the advisor. You'd get response within 24 hours)
6. If you get registration error, read the Error Message Description (see #2 below under Valuable Information) and, knowing what to do, fill out the CEA Registration Error Request form (see #3 below) and bring it to the instructor or your advisor. You send the signed approved form to Ms. Kourtney Britton* (*this instruction may be updated later.)
Valuable Information (with additional Forms)
1. List of Elective Courses (African-American Studies, Social Science, Humanities, Basic Math/Science, and EE courses)
2. Bisonweb Registration Errors (and their descriptions)
3. CEA Registration Error Request Form (simple pdf and Fillable pdf and png (image))
4. University Course-Transfer Petition Form (pdf). Use this form (better) or download from this Undergraduate Studies Webpage.
5. Course Withdrawal (instructions)- "A student may withdraw from a course up to 8 weeks after the first day of instruction and receive a grade "w" that has no grade point value.
6. Link to Forms & Petition of Howard University Office of Undergraduate Studies
7. Intra-University Transfer Request From (pdf)