EEatHU2020: Website for the Electrical Engineering (EE) Students with NEW 2020 Curriculum
Electrical Engineering (EE) Program
Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
College of Engineering and Architecture
Advisor: Dr. Charles Kim (firstname.lastname@example.org; 202-806-4821; #3014 LKD)
The primary purpose of this website is to provide information on the EE degree curriculum 2020 and to help EE students to register correct courses in the correct order to satisfy the curriculum requirement for EE degree. Note that this curriculum applies from Fall 2020 Semester entrants.
*NOTE: Course registration for the first semester of new entrants will be done by the academic advisor
For registration, follow the order below.
1. Know your EE 2020 Curriculum
2. If you are a freshman, be ready with the result of Math/English placement test. The test score will place which Math/English course you're allowed to take. Here is an example. If you do not start with MATH156-Calc I, this is the sequence of taking MATH courses: MATH005-College Algebra >> MATH007- Pre-Calc >> MATH156-Calc I. Then you take MATH157- Calc II, followed by MATH158- Calc III.
3. Pre-select your courses (University Class Schedule Search web site) and make sure there is no time conflict. Use this trial schedule form (Excel or pdf or image(png)). In this step, contact your advisor to discuss about the course selection and request for suggestion of courses.
4. Complete CEA Registration Form (in Excel, Fillable Pdf, or simple Pdf format, or image (png) format). Remember (a) If you are in a scholarship, you need to take a minimum of 15 credit hours every semester: (b) If you want to keep "full time" status financially, you need a minimum of 12 credit hours. Check and read the FAQ for Howard University Freshman Scholarship.
5. Bring (or email) the signed CEA Registration form and the Trial Schedule (showing no time-conflict) to you advisor. Once approved, your PIN for registration will be given to you, which you use in BisonWeb.
6. If you get registration error, read the Error Message Description and, knowing what to do, fill out the CEA Registration Error Request form ((simple pdf and Fillable pdf and png (image))) and bring/send it to the instructor or your advisor.
Valuable Information (with additional Forms)
1. List of Elective Courses (African-American Studies, Social Science, Humanities, Basic Math/Science, and EE elective courses)
2. Bisonweb Registration Errors (and their descriptions)
3. CEA Registration Error Request Form (simple pdf and Fillable pdf and png (image))
4. Link to Forms & Petition (for Course withdrawal, Major change, course transfer, transfer course credit etc)
5. Freshman English Requirements: Take one of the following pairs in sequence: ENGW102 & ENGW103 or ENGW104 & ENGW 105.