ECE_FT:  Website for Freshmen and Transfer Students

Electrical Engineering (EE) and Computer Engineering (CpE) Programs


* Some questions already answered (at least partially):


Q: When does the late registration fee apply for fall 2016?

A: Any student who begins registration after August 21, 2016 will be assessed a late registration fee.


Q: Since the Office of the Registrar awards all general education transfer credits now, how do continuing students request advanced standing?

A: Continuing students should bring their official transcript for any general education courses completed outside of Howard to the Office of the Registrar in a sealed envelope, along with the transfer course petition (available at Advanced standing for major-specific coursework must still be submitted to using the Advanced Standing Request form.


Q: What is the University’s policy for the award of transfer credit from an institution that uses +/- grading?

A: In order to earn transfer credit at Howard University, a student’s grade in a course deemed equivalent to a course at Howard must be C or better. Grades of A+, A, A-, B+, B, B-, C+, and C are eligible for transfer credit. A grade C- will not be considered for transfer credit.


Q: How will the new English (First-Year Writing) courses be reflected in DegreeWorks?

A: The Office of the Registrar will update DegreeWorks to require ENGW 101, 102, or 104 and ENGW 103 or 105 for all students entering in Fall 2015 or later. ENGL 002 and ENGL 003 will remain as requirements on the curricula of students entering prior to Fall 2015.


Q: Will DegreeWorks be populated with transfer credits from Advanced Standing requests?

A: Yes; DegreeWorks will automatically populate with a grade of T once advanced standing is awarded.



Back to the ECE Main Page: